A public drainage ditch established under Minnesota Statutes Chapter 103E is located within this subwatershed. Six Mile Creek was channelized as Judicial Ditch #2 in 1903. The purpose of the ditch was to promote the public health. The ditch served as a way to remove stagnant water and “miasma” and helped the conversion of a large amount of land to agricultural uses. Judicial Ditch #2 still drains agricultural land as it was originally intended when it was first constructed.