Goal 16 - Regulation
The District’s regulatory program is the means by which many of the goals enumerated here would be accomplished. As development and redevelopment occurs, property owners and developers are required to treat and control stormwater, limit impacts to wetlands, and meet other standards. Additional regulation may be necessary in the Dutch Lake subwatershed to implement the actions in this plan.
Desired Outcomes: Utilize regulatory program to cost-effectively manage land use to achieve other goals.
Goal 16.1 - Dutch Lake
In consultation with LGUs through an appropriate rulemaking process, amend existing or adopt new rules to implement the actions identified here within two years of adoption of this plan.
- Amend District rules as set forth in this Plan within two years of adoption of this plan.
- Provide technical assistance to LGUs in the implementation of existing or new rules.
- Develop and distribute model ordinances and design standards that could be used to implement existing or new rules.
- Sponsor regular events such as workshops, seminars, and brown bags for LGU staff, developers, and other interested parties to provide practical information and opportunities for sharing experiences.
- Promote "Conservation Ordinances" related to low-impact development, tree conservation, open space conservation, etc.