5.8.3 Regional Infiltration

ProjectDutch Lake Regional Infiltration
DescriptionImplementation of opportunities to increase infiltration, including but not limited to construction of infiltration basins and devices, wetlandrestoration, reforestation, revegetation
Need

The proposed rule requiring new development and redevelopment toinfiltrate one inch of rainfall would capture approximately 70 percent ofnew runoff volume from the watershed. The remaining 30 percent wouldcontinue to convey pollutants to Dutch Lake and other resources in the watershed. To minimize this pollutant loading and to minimize new stormwater volumes generated from the subwatershed, regional infiltration opportunities such as wetland restoration, underground storage and infiltration, or native vegetation restoration and reforestation may be necessary.

Prior to implementing any of these options, opportunities in the subwatershed should be investigated for the most cost-effective and suitable locations. Regional infiltration will be focused on those subwatershed unitsthat are expected to see significant new runoff volumes between 2000 and ultimate development.

OutcomeMinimized new pollutant loads conveyed by runoff; minimized newvolumes generated by new development; protection of wetland and surficialgroundwater hydrology; wetland restorations; conservation of high-value native vegetation and habitat
Estimated

Project 1: Improvements in DL-3. Funding source is District capital levy.

Project 2: Improvements in DL-5 at Camp Christmas Tree, including channel restoration, bioretention area,shoreline restoration, and other project elements.Funding source is District capital levy.

Project 3: Improvements in DL-7. Funding source is District capital levy.

$118,200

$294,280

$40,000
Schedule

2010: Identify and construct improvements in DL-3

2011: Identify and construct improvements in DL-5

2014: Identify and construct improvements in DL-7