One of the simplest things you can do to protect our waters is to get smart about them. That's why the Minnehaha Creek Watershed District makes education a priority. Below are some informational pages along with resources MCWD offers to educate citizens. Did you know all the different ways we can protect our local lakes, wetlands and streams? Stormwater Best Management Practices like raingardens provide not only a place to filter and store polluted runoff, but a place for birds, insects and animals to live.
What will you find on the Education Pages?
- Watershed Basics provides an overview of watersheds, policy and runoff
- Wetlands, Shorelines and Streambanks provides information on what defines these areas, and what you can do to protect them.
- Keep Our Water Clean At Home provides information on what you can do to protect clean water on your property.
- Keep Our Water Clean In Our Communities provides information on what our cities and neighborhoods can and are doing to protect clean water.
- Workshops and Events provides information on past events and upcoming events.
- Education Tools provides audience based resource lists.