Minnehaha Creek Cleanup - Lake Hiawatha Site
Note: Online registration is now closed for Sunday's Cleanup. However, you may still register the morning of. See you there!
The annual Minnehaha Creek Cleanup has outgrown its old boundaries and is expanding creek-wide to collect even more trash!
Volunteers will receive a free t-shirt, water bottle, trash bags and gloves. Following the cleanup, Leinenkugel’s will provide a free BBQ lunch at Lake Hiawatha Park and, for those 21 or older with a valid ID, free Leinenkugel’s beer (limit of two per person). There will be prizes for kids and adults, music and fun!
Information on Lake Hiawatha site
- Lake Hiawatha Park is located on 28th Avenue S and 46th Street E. Get directions here.
- Arrive by 9 a.m. for check-in and a light breakfast
- Volunteers can clean around Lake Hiawatha or board a shuttle bus to one of several cleanup sites along Minnehaha Creek and area lakes
- Buses will return to Lake Hiawatha for lunch and a celebration
- Some parking is available at the Lake Nokomis Community Center. Shuttle buses will run from the parking lot to Lake Hiawatha Park until 8:45 a.m.
- Paid parking is available at the Lake Nokomis Main Beach on West Nokomis Parkway. Shuttle buses will run from the parking lot to Lake Hiawatha Park until 8:45 a.m.
- Extensive on-street parking is available to the east of Lake Hiawatha Park
- A secure bicycle parking area will be provided at Lake Hiawatha Park
- Free bike check-ups will be provided by REI
- Canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards can be launched at Lake Hiawatha and help clean parts of the lake that are inaccessible by foot
- A secure area to store paddling equipment will be provided during the celebration
RSVP below. After completing your RSVP, you will be directed to a separate page to fill out the Minnehaha Creek Cleanup waiver. Completing the waiver ahead of time will save everyone time on the morning of the event.
We will provide more information as the event nears. If you have questions or comments in the meantime, please contact email@example.com or call Communications Specialist Trevor Born at (952) 641-4520.