What Can I Do?
The west metro’s lakes, rivers, streams, and wetlands make the region unique, whether you enjoy recreation, wildlife, or simply looking at the view of nature out your window. However, development and other human and natural changes to the environment can place our water resources at significant risk. The responsibility to protect these resources falls on all of us.
You can help protect the Minnehaha Creek Watershed (MCWD) in a number of ways, including:
- Sign up for Splash, our e-newsletter, to learn more
- Provide your input during a Board of Managers or committee meeting
- Participate or help start a local lake/neighborhood association
- Plant a rain garden, reduce runoff from your yard, or clean up your nearby stormdrain
- Become a Master Water Steward
Learn more about these and other opportunities on this page. By working together, we can protect and sustain the water resources we all treasure.