Skip to main content

Grant Resources

For information on grant programs that fund natural resource improvements, contact your local municipality. You can also visit Hennepin County's website or Carver County's website and enter "cost share" in the search bar. Hennepin County also offers environmental education grants. For more information on that program, visit Hennepin County's website and enter "green partners" in the search bar.

Lake Minnewashta Grant Program

Lake Minnewashta Preservation Association (LMPA) in coordination with Carver County Soil & Water Conservation District (CSWCD) along with Metro Blooms and Conservation Corp Minnesota (CCM) will provide grants and technical assistance for residential rainwater runoff projects (for approved projects). Eligible area is the Lake Minnewashta Watershed area bounded by highway 7 on the north, highway 5 on the south, highway 41 on the east and Rolling Acres Road on the west. Whether your land is lake side or a residential lot, all are welcome. Metro Blooms will manage projects and supervise the installation on the property of grant recipients. This is a time-sensitive offer and limited to the first three applicants, however, there could be future opportunities with a revised grant program.

There are several grants possible associated to this program:

  1. LMPA will provide an upfront grant of $630 to cover the cost for Metro Blooms to provide consultation, design, estimate and assist in filling out the CSWCD application.
  2. CCM will provide a labor crew for installing qualified/approved projects including area preparation, removal of unneeded sod, etc. and installation of all new materials.
  3. Resident is also eligible for an additional reimbursement grant that would include the cost of materials and project management by Metro Booms. This grant is through CSWCD where they can provide grant money up to 75% of the cost with the remaining 25% by the resident. Requires CSWCD Board approval and resident agreeing to a 10 year maintenance agreement.

Interested parties should contact any of the following, with approval from LMPA, Metro Blooms will then assist with consultation, design and filling in the application. 

Seth Ristow – sristow@co.carver.mn.us, Resource Conservation Technician, CSWCD 

Jennifer Ehlert – jennifer@metroblooms.org, Metro Blooms 

Kevin Zahler – kjzahler@hotmail.com, Minnesota Water Steward, LMPA